Sunday, October 19, 2008

Did you know ...

... that, apart from anything else, this dreaded EU-inspired VAT can ruin your marriage?

This I found to my own cost when I started running a business. It being a very small business - I was a sole trader - I ran it from the third bedroom in our house, converted into an office.

One day, I got a call saying the VAT inspector wanted to visit. I made an appointment and, on the day - about mid-afternoon - she arrived. And when I say "she", I mean she, in every sense of the word. She was drop-dead gorgeous.

Anyhow, we toddled off upstairs to the bedroom office and spent a few happy hours looking at the books. The lady thus satisfied, I led her downstairs to see her off the premises ... just as Mrs EU Referendum arrived home from work.

"Honest, she's the VAT inspector," I said...

I tell you, that European Union has a lot to answer for.

COMMENT THREAD